I had the pleasure yesterday of speaking at a PRCA event on the topic of ‘a decade of digital communications’. The event was put together by Vice Chairman of the PRCA South East Group, Rhianon Williams, and was focused on looking at how digital has changed the landscape of the public relations and marketing industries and the impact it will continue to have moving forward.
I was invited to take part along with Poppy Dinsey: the brains behind “the site that changed the fashion industry”, WIWT, and someone who has been named in The Drum’s top 100 digital achievers for two years running.
It was a lively discussion during which we covered a lot of ground. I took the opportunity to record the event; you can listen to the full audio below.
In this you’ll learn lots of tips and tricks for digital and social media. These include:
- Why high speed broadband is the thing that’s had the biggest impact on digital communications in the last ten years
- Why Poppy is terrified of Tweetdeck!
- What digital tools you should use day-in and day-out
- How bloggers prefer to be contacted and work with PR people
- What the big trends in social media are
- How PR agency structures are changing
- Why it’s important to build a holistic social media strategy
- Why curiosity is vital in digital communications
- How and why social media platforms are becoming media companies
- Why SEO threatens the PR industry
Enjoy. Would love to hear your thoughts…
Big thanks to the PRCA and to Rhianon for inviting me to speak, and to Poppy for being such a lively and intelligent panel partner.