This is a guest post by Gemma Went
- Social networking takes a key role in purchase decisions, with a lot of people trusting the recommendation of those on their social network or the author of a blog they read
- Digital networks are bigger than face-to-face networks
- The people who influence us as consumers are changing. In the past year, social network, blog and micro blog contacts were the only sources to show an increase in the share of consumer’s trust, while newspapers stood still and TV fell
- People increasingly want real dialogue with people inside businesses
- People are accessing the web and connecting through a variety of devices, including TV, games consoles and mobiles
Gemma Went is a strategic marketing consultant and psychologist with over ten years’ experience. She writes the blog The Cube, is a guest blogger for Brand Republic and regularly speaks at social media events.
Like This Post? Subscribe to TheSocialWeb