Much as I love my daily fix of thoughts, opinions and news from across the blogosphere, there are times when you can’t beat spending time sitting down and reading a book to get the brain cells working. But what are the most informative and challenging books covering digital media, PR 2.0, social technology, brand strategy and the evolution of the web currently available?
At the risk of sounding like a complete geek, I’m asking Santa Claus to bring me a few social communications strategy books when he completes his annual round-the-world-in-24-hours trip next month. There are loads of books out there from people I respect, but I thought it’d be a nice idea to get YOUR input to identify the best of the best for the benefit of everyone.
This is my current shortlist, and I’d love to get your opinions on these books if you’ve read them as well as additional options:
- Welcome to the Fifth Estate, by Geoff Livingston & Adam Ostrow
- Socialnomics, by Erik Qualman
- The End of Business as Usual, by Brian Solis
- Putting the Public back in Public Relations, by Deidre Breakenridge & Brian Solis
- The Now Revolution, by Jay Baer & Amber Naslund
- The New Community Rules, by Tamar Weinburg
- The Thank You Economy, by Gary Vaynerchuk
- Social Media ROI, by Olivier Blanchard
- Trust Agents, by Chris Brogan & Julien Smith
So what are the best books you’ve read on digital media, PR 2.0 and the social web, and why? What would you recommend to others?
Like This Post? Subscribe to TheSocialWeb